Friday, December 18, 2015

Today's Facebook Status Update

      4 months later and I'm still standing . . . it's been a different sort of a fall/early winter for me, both work-wise and life-wise. I'm exhausted. However, I'm happy and relieved to say that for the moment, the formal education component of 2015 is over. We ended 2015 at the Col*ony by having the students present a concert of songs for the moms, indulging in a buffet of snacks supplied by the moms, receiving gifts from the moms (I now own a Hutt*erite rug:)), having great conversations with the moms (they were literally beckoning for me to join them at their "tables", which were actually desks), and receiving a declaration of love from one of my students . . . I always had a suspicion he loved me. Now I know it's true because I've got it in writing. Upon arriving home and unwrapping all of my gifts with the help of my boys, Wayne informed me that we'd be going out for supper. That was the highlight of my day--spending time with my own family. My tired heart is full and I feel so blessed to do what I do.

No comments: